Senior Accounts Manager
We are looking for an individual to join our accounts team. This is a new role and an exciting opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual to join a rapidly growing accountancy firm. The role will predominantly involve the following areas;
- Management of the accounts team to ensure deadlines are met
- The management/delegation of jobs to other members of staff
- Experience of preparing Limited Company Accounts, Sole Trader Accounts & Tax Returns
- Management of all staff to maintain efficiency and productivity within the team
- Reporting to directors on a weekly basis
- Assisting directors with priority tasks
- Liaising and meeting with clients on queries
- Set targets to team members and monitor on an ongoing basis
- Competency in cloud accounting packages such as Quickbooks, FreeAgent & Xero
- We are looking for an individual who has worked in a similar role within an accountancy practice and have managed a small team. Other attributes such as good communication, ability to manage own workload and good telephone manner required.
Salary will depend on experience and individual but we anticipate in the region of £24-£30k per annum plus possible benefits in the future.
We are looking for an individual to join us as a trainee accountant. This role will be full time and would suit someone who has experience in a similar role & studying AAT (at least level 4) or newly AAT qualified. The successful candidate will be eager to learn, have a good telephone manner and be able to communicate well. They should also be fully competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook & Word).
This role will predominantly involve the following tasks;
- Assisting the accounts team with sole trader/partnership accounts preparation
- Summarising core records and balancing control accounts
- Bookkeeping & VAT Returns using various cloud based packages
- Preparing Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks such as taking client queries and passing them to the relevant person to be dealt with.
Salary - £16,000 - £18,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time